Nha Trang was the second stop on our trip to Vietnam, and completely took us by surprise.
This sea side town (situated on the South Central Coast of Vietnam) will make you feel like you’ve travelled back in time and maybe even to Russia.
We arrived in Nha Trang, completely overwhelmed with exhaustion (hallo our friend, jetlag) and decided to skip the boat trip and spend the day exploring the town instead.
Things to do in Nha Trang:
- Yens’s knows best: Make sure to visit Nha Trang’s no.1 rated restuarant, Yen’s. This stood out as the best Vietnamese food of our trip. It was also where we had rice wine for the first time, and most likely the last time.
- Massage: After lunch both of us went for a full body massage. There are massage parlors all over the town, make sure to go in to a room before you pay to see that you are happy with the quality of the spa. We opted to pay for a more luxurious experience.
- Beach stroll: This town is the ultimate beach stroll town. So don’t head straight to the bar and miss the beach. Make some time to take a relaxing stroll on the beach.
- Don’t just look ahead, look inside: As you walk the streets make sure to look inside the properties you pass. Some are abandoned and will make you feel like you’ve travelled back in time to somewhere between the 60’s and 70’s.
- Keep your ears open: The Nha Trang tourism board has focused a lot on advertising Nha Trang as a popular beach town for Russian. You’d be amazed to see menus in Russian and even locals talking Russians. We loved this as it made us feel like we’ve travelled to another country as a bonus.
- Mud baths: This is a must. You’d need at least one full afternoon, but make time to visit the renowned hot springs and mud baths . We spent an afternoon at Thap Ba and yes, your skin does feel amazing afterwards.
If your itinerary allows, make the effort to go see this little town filled with surprises.